The HEGLER group of companies is a medium-sized family-run industrial enterprise focussing on the development and production of material-saving profiled pipe systems made from polymers and the development and construction of extrusion lines for the production of corrugated and twin wall pipes.
Founded by Mr Wilhelm Hegler, mechanical engineer, at Oerlenbach/Lower Franconia in 1949, the company started with the development and production of electrical conduits. Initially, these pipes were made from sheet steel with bituminous layers. In the middle of the 1950ies already, an anticorrosion variant with a jacketing of co-extruded PVC was added. This was the beginning of the plastic century in Oerlenbach.
Due to the progressive development of polymer materials, the advantages of these resins for efficient, economical and practical production of a wide range of pipe qualities were quickly recognised and implemented. Today the focus is on the production/technology of corrugated and twin wall pipes for a great variety of pipe, fitting and chamber systems for use in building construction, civil engineering and industrial applications. Production takes place on extrusion lines the main components of which are designed and manufactured in the company’s own machine shop. Decades of experience in extrusion and machine construction stand for high quality, longevity and practice-oriented application of all products manufactured by us.
Today the company is run by the second generation: Managing Director, Ralph P. Hegler (Ph. D. in Mechanical Engineering).
Milestones in the company’s history
- Production of the world’s first flexible electrical conduit from plastics by the vacuum-forming process
- Worldwide protection of the vacuum-forming process until the end of the 1970ies (today state of the art)
- Production of the world’s first flexible drainage pipe with water inlets in the corrugation valleys (today state of the art)
- Development of the planetary slotting process for the production of swarf-free water inlets in the corrugation valleys
- Development of the co-extrusion process for the production of twin wall pipes
- Development of modular chamber systems in twin wall design
- Launch of twin wall pipes with inline formed couplings in larger diameters (DN 300 to DN 1200)
Gradual expansion/current company structure
The Europe-wide increasing demand for corrugated and twin wall pipes made of polymer resins caused the foundation of HEGLER FRANCE SAS at Craon in the northwest of France in 1982. Another production site in Germany was added in 1984 at Ochtrup, in North-Rhine Westphalia. There are close marketing connections with all European neighbouring countries, supported by a selected local trade network.
Besides its three production sites, the HEGLER group is completed by a non-commercial partnership which is primarily concerned with the development of new products/production processes, the administration of patent rights, and licensing.
The company group’s headquarter is located in Oerlenbach, Lower Franconia – in the heart of Germany. Oerlenbach is situated in a lovely landscape between Main-Franconia and the Bavarian Rhön mountains, in the vicinity of Bad Kissingen, a Bavarian state spa. The state spa Bad Kissingen has obtained UNESCO World Heritage status in 2021. A great spa of Europe, Bad Kissingen offers Germany’s oldest spa park as well as Europe’s largest ensemble of historic spa buildings, among others by Balthasar Neumann, Friedrich von Gärtner, and Max Littmann.
The people of this region are characterised by creativity, enterprising spirit, and commitment to their goals.